Classes & Consults
At Frankie Forever we build our doTERRA essential oil business on education, empowerment and support, we also throw in some love, some connection and conversation, all so you can feel confident and comfortable to use and explore your oils.
Our workshops are a wonderful way to personalise the learning and to make sure you get the best oils for your needs. Would you like to learn more? We can meet one-on-one – let’s do coffee, we can chat online, or even better – grab a couple of friends and let’s make some fun of it.
Most commonly we start with “An introduction to doTERRA’s Top 10 oils”, however we can cater our workshops to be more relevant to you and your audience if you prefer.
Workshops are a great idea for a girls get together, mums and bubs groups, after work destress, coffee and catch ups at the park or a café … Here are a few essential oil workshop ideas:
- An Introduction to Essential Oils – Explore, Experience & Enjoy
- Stress Less & Smile More – Mood Management
- Hormones, Happy Women & a Balanced Life
- Mums and Bubs – Rested, happy & Healthy
- Relax More & Breath Deeper
- Making over your Medicine Cabinet
- Natural Pain Alternatives
- Cooking with Essential Oils
- Relief for Sport & Muscle Tension
- Cleaning with Lox-Tox Options
- Boosting Immunity & Healthy Families
We are passionate about oil education, having oils in your home is one thing, using them safely and effectively is of the utmost. A journey with doTERRA essential oils is magical, transformational, even life-changing.
BOOK NOW – contact form
What are Essential Oils?
Gifts of the earth vid
So, what are essential oils and why would they help us?
- Oils are extracted from various parts of plants, like the roots, the flowers or the leaves and others from the seeds, or the peel for the citrus oils, but they are none-the-less, pure aromatic compounds that come direct from a plant.
- While still in the plant an oil is its natural defence against bugs, virus, infections, and also an attractant for pollinator bugs. So, if harvested and processed correctly, us humans get to use oils in our homes for the same powerful benefits. Essential oils carry through and work on all areas of our body, such as the respiratory, muscular, digestive, and endocrine systems.
- Now it’s super important that the plant is grown in a toxic-free environment. When essential oil is extracted and distilled from a plant properly the highly concentrated end result is what comes to you, and total quality is key.
- doTERRA source oils from all around the world, in over 40 countries actually, and in each country they are working closely with farmers and communities to provide sustainable and ethical farming practices.
- doTERRA CPTG quality ensures you are getting 100% pure, unadulterated essential oil
Having pure, natural doTERRA essential oils in your home is a wonderful way to bring in better health, happiness and low-tox living. But do you know much about them?
Essential Oils are pure plant extracts, taken from the oil glands that are held in various parts of the plant such as the leaves, roots, bark, flowers
They are a complex mixture of chemical constituents Every oil has a differing chemotype structure, which is what gives them the capacity to support us across many areas of our health
- They are highly concentrated so a little goes a long way; these essential oils are 50-70 times more potent than the plant from which they came. For example, 1 drop of peppermint = 28 cups of tea
- They are a safe, effective, affordable, and a natural alternative to many synthetic products/remedies
- Essentials oils have been used for thousands of years and across many cultures, now it’s our turn
- Oils can be used in a number of ways; aromatic is to inhale, topical is to apply to our skin or surfaces when cleaning, and internally in foods and for improving our health …
If you are not using doTERRA, always do your research and ensure the oils in your home are pure, as there is simply no quality control for bottling and labelling oils, the many “cheaper” bottles contain fillers and fragrances that will not help you heal, or make you happy … more than likely give you a headache instead.
Are they organic?
Many of doTERRA’s essential oils are certified organic, others are ECOCERT, and some do not have any certification. The reason for this is because they are sourced from 43 different countries where requirements vary and, in some locations, the availability to certify as organic simply doesn’t exist. The measures to ensure purity and quality MUST go beyond just an organic certification.
Use Oils Safely
Essential oils are usually administered by one of three methods: aromatically, applied topically to the skin, or taken internally as a food additive. They can be used a single oil at a time or in complex blends in one of three methods:
Inhale the Good Stuff – Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors, which have a direct link to the limbic system by way of the olfactory nerve. The limbic system is part of the brain that supports a variety of functions including smell, emotions, behaviour, and memory. For this reason, essential oils have an especially powerful effect through an aromatic experience …
- simply open the bottle and inhale from the lid
- put one drop in the palm of your hand and cup over nose to inhale deeply
- add desired amount of drops to a steam diffuser so the whole home smells amazing and all the family gain the benefits
- there is no right or wrong blend or amount of oils to use, it’s personal preference. A small room probably only needs 2 -6 drops
- add 1 or 2 drops to the bottom of the shower recess for a steam inhalation
- apply to a tissue and place in the vent of your car or vacuum
Wear the Goodness Essential oils have low molecular weights and are lipid soluble, so they easily penetrate the skin. Once absorbed, they stay in the applied area for a localised benefit. Reapplyy every 4-6 hours if needed – avoid sensitive areas, never to ears, eyes or nose.
- refer to safety details to determine if safe for neat application or if an oil needs diluting, general rule is 1 drop oil to 3 drops of carrier oil
- popular places to apply your oils are back of neck, behind ears, down spine, pulse points like wrists and elbows, feet – where it aligns with your reflexology points and also where the skin is a little tougher
- add oil to a non-fragranced moisturiser and apply to skin
- add a couple of drops to a handful of magnesium salts and add to your bath
Savour the Goodness – When ingested, essential oils directly enter the blood stream via the gastrointestinal tract. Essential oils are lipid soluble so they are readily transported to all organs of the body, including the brain. Then, essential oils are metabolised by the liver and other organs.
- refer to safety details to determine if each oil is safe for ingesting. Some should not be!
- add a drop or two to enhance your meal, remember the potency – oils are 50-70 times stronger than the source from which they came, so use a toothpick if you need less
- add a drop to your water or to flavour a juice (or champagne)
- melt chocolate and add your favourite flavour to make it even better chocolate
- add oils to an empty vege capsule, great for immune boosting and pain management
Concentrated Goodness – dōTERRA oils are highly concentrated pure goodness and must be treated with respect. In most cases you only need 1-2 drops. Each 15ml bottle has approx 250 drops. A 5ml bottle has approx 85 drops. To give you an inkling of the concentration rate, just one drop of Peppermint oil = 28 cups of peppermint tea. You can even use a toothpick if you need less than one drop
Safety First – When learning about your oils please take special note of all safety considerations. Some oils we refer to as “hot” which means they must be diluted, some oil should not be taken internally, and others may cause irritations if not diluted adequately. If you ever have an irritation or sensitivity on your skin, we suggest use a plain carrier oil to dilute further, water won’t do the trick.
Dilution Guidelines – If you follow the safety guidelines first, there is then no real right or wrong to blending your oils, and personal preference often prevails. Every person is different and so everyone will like/dislike or react differently. We do pay added attention to kids, elderly and sensitive skins when it comes to diluting. See the dilution chart here, or if you ever need to clarify a blend recipe, please message us.
Carrier oils, or base oils, can be any light perfume-free oil. We choose Fractionated Coconut Oil because it is silky smooth and non-greasy. Fractionated means it has had the fatty-chain acids removed so it stays at a liquid state, doesn’t set solid like most coconut oils. Other popular carrier oils are jojoba oil, hemp seed oil, rice bran oil, macadamia oil, grapeseed oil or any other. Also, be aware of the colouring in a base oil with regards to staining.
Recipes & Blends
All essential oils can be used individually for their own healing and supportive benefits, but the beauty is we can also blend a few together to create amazing results and
Please follow safety and dilution rates, especially if you are using on the young, the elderly or for those with sensitive skin.
Free E-Books & Online Resources
Education is key to using your essential oils safely and effectively and there is always opportunity to learn more. The benefits, the science, the sourcing, the applications are all fascinating areas to learn more and there is a wealth of information available.
For all members of our team we gift the Droplii App for free – it’s a fabulous place to learn more, and you can even chat to us through the App. Users of Droplii also share their recipes, so you can rest assured everyone is sharing from experience and success stories.
If a good old physical book in your hand is more your style then please , however they have lots of information about each of their oils and blends, what to use them for, their history and much more.
Education is key to our sharing oils with you, however there are many ways you can learn. First up is to make sure you join us in oil world. If you have not already gifted yourself a wholesale membership, 25% off retail, with doTERRA then we highly recommend you do (contact us).
Firstly, we will gift you full access to the Droplii App – a fabulous online resource that you can easy turn to on your phone. There is plenty of essential oil info plus lots of recipes, and you can even chat to us through the App. If you haven’t got it yet, please ask for the link – it’s FREE from us when you are on our team.
Secondly, take time to deepen your understanding of oils – we highly recommend it. Empower yourself, become your own health advocate. Understand what works best for you. Of course, we offer our full support, but how powerful is doing your own research and understanding your own body and what it needs.
To get the best use out of your oils we suggest you get;
Books – truly invaluable for quick reference. We use either the The Modern Essentials book or Essential Life, and the Emotions & Essential Oils – it is ahhmazing!
Roller Bottles – they come in 5 or 10ml sizes and are a great addition. You can easy make go-to blends that are readily available for topical application. We would have gifted you a couple when you first joined our team, but if you ever want more we’ve listed a few local distributers below.
Spray Bottles – are a great addition for making cleaning sprays, use metal or glass.
Spritzer Bottle – are great for face applications and cooling spritzers
Diffusers– the Petal or Lumo Diffusers from dōTERRA are a popular choice, and often the best quality. We have others available on our shop now page. Always ensure you buy quality for best oil usage and that you are not overheating your oils.
Bottles can be purchased from your doTERRA online shopping cart when placing a US order. Some online purchasing options we use include:
- Aromatools – aromatools.com.au
- Diifusional – diffusional.com.au
- Essential Products – ep4eo.com
- Aroma Bottles – aromabottles.com.au
- Mysentials – mysentials.com.au
- Body butters and carrier oils – n-essentials.com.au
- Aroma jewellery – ambertherapy.com.au or www.lavaandstone.com.au
- Labels for oil bottles – oiligraphics.wixsite.com/mysite